Price isn't the only thing to consider when shopping for quality insurance. Still, it is an essential factor to most people! So, we have listed some discounts you may not know about to lower your auto or home insurance premium. (Discounts vary by company) Let's get to it!
1. Bundle- Having more than one policy with the same company often leads to savings!
2. Good student discount- Have a school-aged driver on your auto policy? Submit their grades for a possible discount.
3. Defensive driver discount- Have you taken a defensive driving course in the last year? Submit the certificate to your agent for a possible discount.
4. Driving monitoring app- Many companies offer a discount for safe driving after monitoring your driving through an app. Make sure you clarify with your agent if that discount will be adjusted if your driving was less than stellar.
5. Security System- Submit your monthly statement from your security monitoring company like ADT for a possible discount on your home insurance.
6. Roof- Have you replaced your roof recently? Make sure you update your home policy—newer roof=lower rate.
Final Thoughts: Insurance rates fluctuate. Get a quote once a year with an agent who has access to many companies to ensure you have the best coverage at the lowest rate possible!
'Til next time!